The Amazon has been called the lungs of the planet. Its dense jungles play a key role in absorbing the Earth’s greenhouse gases, but the forest is disappearing quickly. In this episode: research from Colombia, Africa and China illustrates how economics can help slow deforestation and combat the climate crisis.
This is the first in our series Climate Change Solutions.
- Lina Moros, Universidad de los Andes, Bogota, Colombia
- Wumeng He, Wuhan University, China; Duke Kunshan University
- Alex Pfaff, Duke University
- Subscribe to Ways & Means
- Read the transcript
- Find out more about the film Sonic Forest, including the song Let Me Breathe and the group Stand for Trees.
Jack Maples, Robert Thompson and Mitch Moste for voicing translations.
Duke student Joy Liu designed the artwork for the season.
Duke Climate Commitment
Season 8 of Ways & Means is made possible thanks to support from the Office of the Provost at Duke University. This collaboration reflects the Duke ClimateCommitment, which unites the university’s education, research, operations, and public service missions to address the climate crisis. The commitment builds on Duke’s longstanding leadership in climate, energy, and sustainability to educate a new generation of climate-fluent innovators and create equitable solutions for all.